domingo, 3 de outubro de 2010

Meu eu noutro?

Li aqui sobre a opinião de um psicólogo acerca do que nos faz apaixonar pelos outros. Só ressaltando esse trecho bem interessante:
We don't fall in love with a person because of their qualities, per se. Rather, we fall in love with ourselves in their presence. In other words, we fall in love with the version of ourselves that we become when we are around them. That, I suggested to her, is what romantic love is all about (I'm setting aside any discussion of love of family, love of animals, etc). If, for example, I normally perceived myself as relatively unattractive or unintelligent, but I felt good-looking or smart in my lover's presence, I am likely to get hooked on her. I might go on about how beautiful, smart or enticing she is, and I might actually believe those things, but the truth is it's the new improved "me" I have fallen in love with. This may be a version of myself I hoped to be all my life and if she is the key to finding it, I want to be around her more and more.

Seria então o falling in love uma forma de auto-conhecimento?
Eu me fiz acreditar nos últimos dias que era possível sim, ser feliz sozinho. Mas eu sou obrigado a concordar com Tom Jobim agora.


Eu percebi que, enquanto eu escrevia, eu acabei me conhecendo melhor. Ao terminar de ler aquele texto, me deu uma vontade de saber que efeitos são esses!

Por onde eu começo?

Não que eu queira "manuais". Eles estão aos montes aí na internet, e todos eles são muito falíveis. Além do mais, é ridículo. Nada disso é tão "exatoide", prescrito, como uma receita.

Mas por onde eu começo?

Nenhum comentário: